Monday, April 30, 2007

Absorba!


I'm pleased to announce that I have completed Absorba the Great Bathmat! I used 4 strands of worsted weight cotton, 2 each in cream and ecru. The cream is actually a buttery color.

Overall, I am pleased with the result, particularly its squishiness. I wasn't expecting that before I started. The final shape is a bit wonky, as you can see below - not sure if it's something I did or just the nature of it.


I have quite a bit of yarn left and am wondering if it will be enough to make a second, square Absorba, leaving off the last two strips. That will be a project for a later date.

2 comments:

cara said...

looks good! mine is wonky in shape too... but i'm attributing that to my wonky way of casting on stitches for the first few sections...

oh and with the left over yarn, i think you need some ballbands....

Amanda said...

Looks great Jen! I am still considering knitting one of my own. It is one of the few projects I didn't attack yet from MDK!