Thursday, May 3, 2007

Double Tall Cafe Latte

Today, I'd just like to vent for a moment. While I am very happy to be wearing most of my pre-pregnancy clothes without issue, I have a problem. The boobs. It seems that the increase in chest size, due to breastfeeding, is just enough to cause most of my shirts to be really short and either show my stomach or at the very least make me look stupid. I've always had a long torso and now this has just put me over the edge. Add to this the fact that you can hardly find a stylish pair of jeans these days that are not low-rise and I've got a problem. And I can't spend $100 on jeans...I just can't. I just want to wear my clothes without flashing flesh! This is the only crack that I think is cute...

and even that I keep under wraps most of the time.

Now that that's off my chest (ha) I feel I need to mention that, despite the title of this post, I don't even drink coffee and if I did, I wouldn't buy it at Starbucks (no offense to you devotees, but they're kind of like Sprawlmart to me...Sprawlbucks?). I don't even know what a double tall cafe latte is, exactly.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Gap online has "long" shirts in a lot of styles... definitly worth looking at! I need the low-rise jeans or my legs look like they are coming directly out of my armpits and I am plagued with the constant tugging of my shirts. It is far easier to find long pants than long shirts. SO just thought I would pass along that little tip for us long gals!

- said...

also, target has some very affordable semi fitted t-shirts and v necks that are in lots of cool colors. they are longer than a typical basic t-shirt.

good luck! i totally can feel your pain...

Amy said...

For the record, a double tall latte will be my drink of choice again when I'm back to milk. A latte is espresso and milk. A "double" means two shots of espresso...which makes it the drink closest to the "cafe con leche" that I fell in love with in Spain! :-)