Monday, July 7, 2008

A few of my favorite things

I've been tagged by...well, Amanda and Cara. 5 things I cannot live without.

"Name five things that you can't live without. It can't be a person, it has to be something material that actually makes your life easier. It can't be something in general, it must be exact. Also, it can't be the obvious like a cell phone or computer."

1. Chapstick. If I leave the house without it, especially if I'm going to be eating while I'm out, I would go mad without Chapstick. If I ever think about participating in something like Survivor where you can't take anything with you...I know that I just wouldn't be able to do it because I don't think I could survive without it.

2. Dairy. It plays such a crucial role in so many wonderful things that I love to eat... I just can't imagine going without.

3. Fabric. And if I had to choose a single fiber, I think it would be cotton. I love fabric and I use it every day, all day, in so many different ways.

4. My glasses or contact lenses. Seriously blind without them and I occasionally wonder what life would be like if I weren't able to see clearly. (This is assuming that laser surgery to correct my vision were not an option. Boy we have it good in 2008.)

5. At first it took me a while to think of a fifth necessity, and now I have two similar items: stroller and shopping cart. I think both are invaluable in managing to be out and about with a baby, yet both have their own limitations, so I couldn't decide between the two.

I'm gonna tag DrDrama.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

chapstick and milk, I could have included those on my list too! And way to be the first one to not inculde DVR... prooves which of us are true tv junkies. I envy your restraint.

Unknown said...

LOL...I just wrote mine and then came across your answers. I seriously cannot live without my lip stuff. (see my number 5). Once I was without it one day at work and I had to go buy one. I, too, am impressed that you managed not to list the DVR. I bow down to thee.

RD said...

I'm sooo with you on the chapstick. I go nuts if I accidentally manage to leave them in another purse, my office, etc. and have to go without for even a day! My chapstick of choice is the Burts Bees lip balm.