Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I miss you!

I'm talking to you, blog. I have good intentions, I even take photos of things to decorate your pages and hopefully make you enticing to our readers, yet I haven't taken the time to put it all together. And I miss that. Sooo...here I am and I pulled out one photo of one project to try to get back into the swing of things.



I made these coasters to warm a friend's new home... about a year ago. (The stitching doesn't really contrast with the fabric quite as much as it seems to in the photo.) These are from Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted gifts. I've since made one other set for myself, yet un-photographed, but being well-used in the next room. I also have at least three more pieces of fabric intended for coasters that haven't met with the sewing machine. Actually, I blame this all on my ancient machine and lack of a walking foot which is the suggested method for quilting these babies. The first set I used the standard presser foot and it, well, pressed them and made things a little difficult in a bunching up sort of way. For the second set, I tried a darning foot that I found on ebay. This method probably yielded worse results as it didn't hold the fabric AT ALL. Not to mention I did them with the Tot grabbing my arm every so often, thereby yanking the fabric off course. Sooo....if you come across a walking foot for an old Elna sewing machine....I will love you! I'll even make you some coasters!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Hi! Welcome back! Lovely coasters, I am still meaning to buy that book... and sew up that lovely fabric I ordered. Oh, and post to my lame ignored blog too!

(On a mission to find the foot you speak of, I want the coasters!)

Unknown said...

racing against Amanda for the coaters....oh...welcome back!

DrBabyMamaDrama said...

Those coasters are really lovely. Makes me want to blow the dust off of my sewing machine.